What is Accreditation
Accreditation is a process of assuring acceptable institutional quality and improving the standards of performance. It provides quality assurance which announces that institute is sincerely pursuing its academic aims & its objectives are effectively achieved with the available resources; the institution has demonstrated capabilities to ensure effectiveness in its overall performance. It is also a process by which an institution of learning periodically evaluates its activities and seeks an independent outside opinion on its success in achieving its own objectives. The moving drive behind the accreditation is the self conviction that an institution should not remain static at a certain level of performance, but it should always move ahead in pursuit of excellence.
Who can seek Accreditation
- Training Institutions under State Cooperative Banks
- Training Institutions under National Council for Cooperative Training
- Training Institutions under District Central Cooperative Banks
- Training Institutions under State Cooperative Federations / Unions
- Other Cooperative Training Institutions
- Training Institutions under Private Sector engaged in training of cooperative personnel
- Enhances image of the institution in the eyes of all the stakeholders and general public
- Arrange “Specialised Training” of senior level functionaries in the CCS at national level institutes to ensure quality of specific skill specialization training courses where conduct of training can not be delegated to state or lower level institutes
- Provides objective data on its performance to the funding agencies
- Certain stakeholders including NABARD and C-PEC can award basic concessions or enhance their assistance in relation to accreditation status
- Institution gets to know its Strengths, Weakness, Opportunities and Threats through an informed review process
- Gives institutions a new sense of direction and identity
- Identify internal areas of planning and resource allocation
- Institutions initiate innovative and modern methods of training
- Promotes inter and intra-institutional interactions
- Motivates institutions to attain professional excellence
The primary objective of awarding accreditation is :
- To assist the institutions in offering professional expertise to their client organizations in the form of training, research, consultancy and projects.
- To ensure sustained institutional development in catering to the training needs of its client organizations.
- To deliver quality inputs to the Trainable in tune with the changing business environment
- To guide the institutions to move ahead in pursuit of professional excellence